- Stomach cancer mainly starts growing as healthy cells in the digestive system get damaged and start becoming cancerous cells. The risk of gastric cancer is more in men than women.
- The advanced and latest surgery for stomach cancer is called as robotic gastrectomy surgery.
- As a matter of fact, gastric cancer is difficult to be diagnosed by the surgeon as most of the times the symptoms dont start to arise in the early stage itself.
- Stomach cancer tumour generally starts to grow in the line of the mucus, which surrounds the inner lining wall of the stomach.
- In robotic gastrectomy surgery, small incisions are made in the abdomen area through which the robotic arms are inserted to remove a tumour.
- Da Vinci robotic gastrectomy surgery helps in reducing pain and discomfort.
- The growth of cancer cell in the oesophagus (also called as the food pipe which helps in carrying the food from the mouth into the stomach) is called as oesophagal cancer.
- A tumour starts growing in the inner lining of the oesophagal wall.
- The advanced surgery of treating oesophagal cancer is called as the Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
- VATS is a surgery carried out with the help of the “Da Vinci” robotic system.
- In Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery, small incisions are made on the chest area into which the robotic arms are inserted so that the surgeon gets a clear view with help of the camera attached to the arms which helps in projecting a clear image on the monitor outside.
- VATS help in reducing the pain as compared to open surgery where the whole chest is cut open which is more painful.