- Following are the types of advanced surgical treatment for colon cancer :
- Total abdominal colectomy – In this surgical process, the entire organ of the large intestine is removed.
- Proctosigmoidectomy – In this minimally invasive surgery, only the affected section of the rectum and the sigmoid colon is removed.
- Abdominoperineal resection- In this surgical treatment, the anus, rectum, and the sigmoid colon are removed. As a result, a permanent colostomy (an artificial bag) is placed so that the patient can pass out their waste.
- Right colectomy – In this surgical type, the right side of the colon is removed. The last segment of the small intestine, which is attached to the colon on the right side is also removed.
- Total proctocolectomy – This type of surgery involves the removal of both the organ (rectum and colon).
Book an Appointment
Enter details,our team would approach to help you as soon as possible.